Highly Scalable Switches for Industrial EnvironmentsGet highly scalable, easy-to-manage, and resilient switches with a comprehensive feature set. Our 4000 Series switches provide superior, high-bandwidth switching (Layer 2) and proven Cisco IOS Software-based routing (Layer 3) capabilities for industrial environments.
Features and Capabilities
The 4000 Series switches are built to withstand extreme environments while adhering to overall IT network design, compliance, and performance requirements. They deliver highly secure access and industry-leading convergence using Cisco Resilient Ethernet Protocol (REP), and support industrial protocols.
The series is ideal for industrial Ethernet vertical industries applications where hardened products are required. That includes:
- Factory automation
- Power utility substations
- Intelligent transportation systems (ITS)
- Oil and gas field sites
- City surveillance programs
With improved overall performance, greater bandwidth, a more comprehensive feature set, and enhanced hardware, 4000 Series switches offer:
- Superior bandwidth and capacity – 40 Gbps non-blocking switching capacity with up to 20 Gigabit Ethernet ports per switch
- High-density, industrial Power over Ethernet (PoE) or PoE Plus support for in-line power to up to eight devices
- Cisco IOS Software features for smooth IT integration and policy consistency
- Robust resiliency and enhanced security
- A simple, pay-as-you-go software upgrade path with a universal software image
The IE4000 series can be easily managed by Cisco Industrial Network Director, a network management system purpose built for industrial applications that uses the complete capabilities of the Cisco Industrial Ethernet product family to make the network easily accessible to non-IT operations personnel.
Specifications at a Glance
|Port configuration||Up to 20 ports with compact form factor|
|Uplinks||Four Gigabit Ethernet (GE) Combo (supporting both copper and fiber physical ports)|
|Downlinks||Multiple options available Fast Ethernet (FE) and GE, copper and fiber, PoE, and PoE+. Up to 16 x GE capacity|
|Manageability||Swappable SD flash card (for configuration storage), mini USB connector, RS-232 console port|
|Industrial Ethernet protocols supported||Cisco Common Industrial Protocol (CIP), EtherNet/IP, PROFINETv2 and more|